Saturday, April 11, 2020

MCO Activities Update - 01

Hi guys.
Hope everybody are safe during this virus outbreak.

Here's an update on some hobbying activities done during homebound.

1) Making gaming table

Yup, that's right. I'm officially have my own gaming table ( oh yeah!!! )

The idea has been in back of my head for quite some times. Although I'm just alone to do gaming right now (waiting for my kids to grow up a bit more to introduce them to tabletop gaming), I want to have a proper gaming area which I can throw some dice and have fun indoor. So hence, my own gaming table. MCO period is the best time for me to make one since I'm not going anywhere, and I happened to have all the materials ready ahead of time.

My criteria of the gaming table are:

1) Must be lightweight, as I need to put and remove the table easily alone.
2) Must be durable. Although lightweight, the table must be strong enough to handle the burden of dice bombardment and all the terrains weight on it.
3) Must have borders, to avoid the dice from bailing the game and hide underneath the cupboard. And also to prevent the missus from having a reason to yell when she found rouge dice lying around :)
4) Must have small gap for modular base. This is an idea where I can make modular gaming surface / base which can be remove/replace for different type of game, for example forest base to city base to dungeon base.....you get what I meant right.

So, based on that..I get the things done. This was done on 26th March during the isolation period.

Materials I used:
1 inch x 1 inch wood - 6 lengths
56 inch x 3 inch x 12mm thk repurposed pallet wood - 4 lengths
4 ft x 4 ft x 3mm thk plywood - 1 pc




These are the WIP steps while making the gaming table













Thus, the completed gaming table was then was tested by my QC personnel and they approved. The table able to withstand the testing impact :)
The table is light enough for me or the wife to carry and move unassisted while durable enough to hold some games on it.
The next thing to do is to paint it to make it more presentable once the MCO ban is lifted.

QC checking in progress by some very dedicated personnel
So one item can be ticked off from the bucket list. GAMING TABLE ACQUIRED.

2) Clearing some backlog

So fortunately my TANKS backlog have completed before the MCO began. What's left are some GW's and Plamo's I have; Gundams, LBX's, model kits, and some odd kits lying around. So on 8th April I took 1 out and built it.




Still have a lot to go through the pile, so hopefully I can clear the backlog during the MCO. Unfortunately I may be can only build instead of painting as I'm running out of paint stock (I have limited paints by the way) or the paint dried up and unusable.

Anyway, stay safe everyone.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment